Duke Brothers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Eco-brokerage


So I have officially received my Eco-broker designation and what a relief! Thank goodness for call-time confining me to a chair for a couple hours since no one is calling, goodness knows. But every time I was at home, I either wanted to help Steve with something or hang out with him during off hours.

I LOVE this stuff! It is soooo interesting to me and I am shocked when I see other Realtors look at me with blank stares when I talk about it. Soon enough, a lot of the standards that are placed on homes that are Energy Star rated or NAHB Green will be code. To be on that leading edge of technology when someone asks me the question is exciting.

Today, I met with a networking group through Natural Triad and was re-aquainted with a Realtor from Leap Realty in Winston. How incredibly impressive Sarah Olson is and what she has managed to accomplish thus far.

I will be teaching a green building class to other Realtors in the spring at Guilford Technical Community College and Steve will have the first Green Built home (as certified by the NAHB) in High Point by January, 2009. I feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home