Duke Brothers

Friday, December 04, 2009

Subscribe please!

I hate to say it but I am a tiny bit insulted when someone unsubscribes to my email blasts. As the recipient of many of these, I know why they unsubscribe, but many of the people who unsubscribe to them are the very people who would benefit from them.

Realtors, for example, keep unsubscribing themselves. I know, firsthand, the value of becoming familiar with as many homes on the market as possible. Most of the larger agencies have what they call “caravan” where, once a week, Realtors drive to colleagues’ listings to become familiar with those homes.

I did this at least once and then the following week had a prospect who was interested in the very listing I had just seen. I was able to speak to him about it knowledgeably and with confidence.

Not to mention networking. The power of networking is strong enough that I can confidently say that the perfect person for any job isn’t always the one who occupies it. But the person who occupies it usually knows people and he/she was top of mind when someone considered him/her for the job.Not to mention that ANYONE can benefit from networking, not just Realtors.

So when someone unsubscribes, particularly these agents, I am often surprised because they would benefit from knowing about my listings. Not to mention that if it’s a family member or friend who unsubscribes, they may not know anyone at the moment who is in the market for a listing of mine but you never know when someone will happen to tell you “we’re in the market!” and you can say “Hey, I know someone who has a house that matches the description of what you’re looking for!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home